Sunday, August 8, 2010

Girls Camp!!!!!!!!

I just got home from Girls Camp!!!!!! It was soooooo amazing!!! I have to admit I am very glad I am home to my warm bed, hot shower, and clean socks but I had one of the best weeks of my life! And yes I did mean clean socks. I sadly ran out of them the 3rd day and was forced to wear dirty ones for several days...next year I'm bringing like 50 pairs so that doesn't happen:)

So this year I brought Robin with me! Everyone absolutely loved her and she had a great time! Hehe we listened to Lady gaga on the way up to camp (Poker Face, Telephone) and so all week Me, Robin, Lizz, Toria, and Brina had it stuck in our heads and so we kept breaking out into those songs...It was pretty hilarious:D Me and Robin were in the Teepee called the WOW girls (Word Of Wisdom) and we had an amazing teepee mom, not so much on the ycls but oh well! We had 4 other fantastic girls in our teepee with us and we bonded with them!

Robin was awesome at making up cheers! She either completely wrote or helped write every single cheer!

I got to ride horses for the first time! It was so much fun and the girls in charge said I had good posture while riding! hehe my horses name was Harry and he kept trying to eat stuff from the trees and stuff which was annoying but me and him are friends now cause I talked to him the whole time while I was on him (those who know me, cant you imagine me riding a horse through the woods at like 1 mile an hour and having conversations with him? ;)

Saturday morning wasn't as amazing...Paige (my little sis) woke up throwing up and had a fever for a couple hours and her friend Olivia also did. Olivia actually didn't stop throwing up for hours, Paige luckily only threw up once right when she woke up...Well shes getting better now that shes home! So everythings good:)

Oooh! I did the Polar dip of course! Me and Lizz held hands and sprinted in and just really quickly dunked, I dunked 5 times, I think she dunked 3, and then we sprinted right out again! Haha its no where near what I did last year (me and Brina did it 35 times) but still awesome!

Okay so on the car ride home we went with Brina's mom and filled up the car! It was Me, Robin, Lizz, Sara, Becca, Brina, and Toria! We stopped at a Mcdonalds on the way back and stayed for like an hour eating food and singing camp songs extremely loud! haha we were afraid they were gonna kick us out...That would of been pretty excitinf though! Mom: "So what was your favorite part of camp?" Me: "Getting kicked out of McDonald's!!!" Mom: "???" hahaha I make myself laugh sometimes;)

Well when I got home me, Robin, and Paige told my mom tons of stories and sang her cheers and camp songs until Robin had to leave:(

And then I took an extremely long shower and bubble bath!!! I was so excited that I smell good again! But kinda sad cause what I thought was a tan actually was just dirt, and so my tan washed off...hehe:) Well that's my week for ya!



Quote of the Day!
So today's Quote really has nothing to do with the post haha but I couldn't think of one that had anything to do with it so I just chose one of my favorites:)
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
- Marjorie Pay Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. You should put the cheers on here so I can read and laugh at them!! :)

    ReplyDelete