Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Apollo and his Awesomeness (and is that a word?)

Im still in my Percy Jackson phase;) So todays quote is from the book in the series that my mom is reading aloud to us! Apollo is one of my favorite characters (who couldnt love the Sun God?!?) but oh how I love Percy...
Quote of the Day

""I feel a haiku coming on." Apollo cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically.

'Green grass breaks through snow
Artemis pleads for my help
I am so cool.'

"That last line was only four syllables," Artemis said.

Apollo frowned. "Was it?"

"Yes. What about, 'I am so big-headed'?"

"No, no, that's six syllables. Hmm." He started muttering to himself.

Zoe Nightshade turned to us. "Lord Apollo has been going through this haiku phase ever since he visited Japan. 'Tis not as bad as the time he visited Limerick. If I'd had to hear one more poem that started with, 'There was once a goddess from Sparta--"

"I've got it!" Apollo announced. "'I am so awesome'. That's five syllables!" He bowed, looking very pleased with himself. "
— Rick Riordan (The Titan's Curse)

No comments:

Post a Comment